Topic: Advanced 2D Techniques for Motion Designers
Skill Level: Advanced
Type: 9 Week Intensive
About This Course
Take your Motion Design skills to the next level with this After Effects Masterclass taught by one of the top After Effects animators in the world, Sander van Dijk. You’ll be able to test your new skills on artwork created by some of the top artists in the Motion Design field that mimics the work that the best studios create. In this course you’ll learn how to structure animations according to geometric proportions found in nature, deal with complexity and create cool transitions.
For this course you will need an advanced understanding of After Effects and the principles of animation and design. Students should have at least some real world experience working with clients, including creating boards and then animating them. Unless you are a very experienced motion designer, we strongly recommend that students take Animation Bootcamp and Design Bootcamp before taking this course.
Schedule and Course Length
9 Weeks of Advanced Motion Methods
Week 1: Orientation week
Weeks 2 - 3: Lessons and Assignments
Week 4: Focus week (no new assignments or lessons this week)
Week 5: Lessons and Assignments
Week 6: Catch up week (no new assignments or lessons this week)
Week 7: Lessons and Assignments
Weeks 8 - 9: Extended Critiques
Instructor - Sander van Dijk
Sander is an animator who loves propelling the Motion Design industry forward by cultivating the MoGraph community and building tools for After Effects, including Ray Dynamic Color and Texture. He’s also one of the co-founders of the überpopular conference, Blend. He is widely recognized as one of the top After Effects artists in the world. He believes that motion design is an incredible tool to communicate ideas and can be used for the betterment of society, so he chooses to work with clients and projects who help shape a better world. He hopes that by sharing his knowledge, he’ll be able to inspire creativity, individuality and confidence in other creatives. To see more of Sander’s work and philosophy, visit sandervandijk.tv.
- Be engaged from anywhere in the world on your own schedule. Lessons open at a specific time but you can watch them and do your work whenever it is convenient for you.
- Built in catch up weeks, extended critiques, and very flexible deadline policies make completing this course possible for even the busiest professional.
- All of our courses are taught completely online through prerecorded lesson videos, podcasts, and handouts.
- Students typically receive homework assignments twice per week, which have soft deadlines.
- All student work is critiqued by our highly trained Teaching Assistants. School of Motion TA's are professional motion designers with real life experience in the industry.
- During the course you will be invited to a private Facebook group that contains all of the Teaching Assistants and students in your session. This is a great tool for connecting, asking or answering questions, sharing thoughts or insights, and winning cool contests!
- 20+ hours per week
- 8 Assignments (typically assigned on Mondays and Thursdays with soft deadlines the next day)
- After Effects CC (16.0 or Higher)
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.5 or Higher)
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (22.1.0 or Higher)
- Adobe Fonts (Included with Adobe CC Subscriptions)
$897 or 3 payments of $314 ($942 total)