Topic: Introduction to 2D Animation
Skill Level: Very Beginner
Type: 8 Week Intensive
About This Course
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of Adobe After Effects in the easiest and most fun way possible. You'll dive head first into Adobe After Effects, and begin creating animations from day one. By the end of this course you'll have a strong foundation in all things After Effects.
The only thing you need to take this class is an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. We’ll take you from your first keyframes to your first completed :30 MoGraph piece.
Schedule and Course Length
8 Weeks of After Effects Kickstart
Week 1: Orientation week
Week 2 - 3: Lessons and Assignments
Week 4: Catchup week (no new assignments or lessons this week)
Weeks 5 - 6: Lessons and Assignments
Weeks 7 - 8: Extended Critique
- Be engaged from anywhere in the world on your own schedule. Lessons open at a specific time but you can watch them and do your work whenever it is convenient for you.
- Built in catch up weeks, extended critiques, and very flexible deadline policies make completing this course possible for even the busiest professional.
- All of our courses are taught completely online through prerecorded lesson videos, podcasts, and handouts.
- Students typically receive homework assignments twice per week, which have soft deadlines.
- All student work is critiqued by our highly trained Teaching Assistants. School of Motion TA's are professional motion designers with real life experience in the industry.
- During the course you will be invited to a private Facebook group that contains all of the Teaching Assistants and students in your session. This is a great tool for connecting, asking or answering questions, sharing thoughts or insights, and winning cool contests!
Instructor - Nol Honig
Nol Honig is the lead designer and founder of The Drawing Room, a boutique production company located in Manhattan. Their clients include Coca Cola, The Philadelphia Museum of Art, YouTube, and Columbia Business School. In 2016 their short documentary “Nix + Gerber” was chosen as Short of the Week and given a Staff Pick by Vimeo, as well as being featured in the print and online versions of National Geographic and housed in their permanent collection of short films. Nol is also a regular contributor to the industry blog Motionographer and teaches motion graphics at Parsons School of Design where he was awarded a Distinguished Teaching Award from the school in 2017.
- 15-20 hours per week
- 8 assignments (typically assigned on Mondays and Thursdays with soft deadlines the next day)
- Adobe After Effects CC 2017 (14.2.1 or Higher)
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (18.0 or Higher)
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 (17.0 or Higher)
- Adobe Fonts (Included with Adobe CC Subscription)
$697 or 2 payments of $370 ($740 total) Click here to view the next open enrollment